Social Media Information
Comment Posting Disclaimer
In order to better serve its residents, the City of Dallas utilizes user engagement tools and websites, including social media channels, to provide residents with information in more places and more ways than were traditionally available. All content and comments posted to this official City of Dallas social media site are subject to the Texas Public Information Act. Please be aware that anything you post may survive deletion whether by you or others.
Requests for emergency services should be directed to 9-1-1 and not through this site. Individual complaints, concerns, or service requests will not be addressed via Social Media unless the City specifically identifies the site for that purpose.
To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include sensitive personally identifiable information, such as social security numbers. The City hosted tools and websites should not be considered secure.
Posts to this site may be removed in a viewpoint neutral manner under the City’s procedure for Social Media sites and if allowed by law, but may be preserved as a public record.
The City also reserves the right to discontinue any or all City Social Media Sites at any time.
Practical and legal considerations may sometimes constrain, prevent, or prohibit discussion by the City of certain topics, including, but not limited to litigation, pending investigations, and other topics through various media including social media.
Following or “friending” persons or organizations is not an endorsement by the City and is only intended as a means of communication.
Any references or links to a specific entity, product, service or organization posted by individuals on the City Social Media Sites should not be considered an endorsement by the City or its departments, employees, or officers.
The City is not responsible for the security of social media pages and applications that reside outside the City of Dallas’ domain. In addition, the City of Dallas does not endorse or advocate an individual’s participation in a particular social media platform. The City has no control over the policies and practices of third-party social media sites that may have certain requirements that subjects individuals to the third-party’s policies, guidelines, and rules. By participating with the City of Dallas in social networking communities, you agree that you may be responsible for any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any posts you have made.
While the City of Dallas recognizes the instantaneous nature of social media is a 24 hour- a-day, 7 days-a-week medium, the monitoring of the City of Dallas social media sites by City staff is not. For more information about the City of Dallas, please visit DallasCityHall.com or DallasCityNews.net.
Specific questions regarding this comment posting disclaimer can be directed to the Office of Communications, Outreach and Marketing at email@example.com.
The purpose of all Dallas Park and Recreation Departments Social Media sites is to discuss matters of public interest in and to the City of Dallas as identified and raised by the City of Dallas for discussion. We encourage you to submit comments that are on topic, but please address your comments to the specific topic(s) discussed. This is a forum limited to the specific topics identified and raised by the City of Dallas. Users who submit content to any of our Social Media sites agree that they have read, understand and agree to the following terms and conditions by virtue of such use:
- I am submitting content voluntarily and on my own behalf.
- The content I post reflects my own original thoughts or work.
- I understand that the City of Dallas has the right to re-post or share any content, photos, or videos that I submit on this or other City of Dallas Social Media sites.
- I understand that any content I provide may be considered a “public record” under state law.
- I understand and agree that unless specifically identified as a resource for receiving requests for information under the state public information laws, the City of Dallas Social Media sites are not proper vehicles for making requests for public information or public records under state law. The City of Dallas has not designated Social Media sites as a method by which open records requests may be made to the City.
- I understand that communications made from any social media site will in no way constitute a legal or official notice or comment to the City or any City official for any purpose.
- I understand and agree that my and others’ comments are subject to archiving and that my comments and others’ comments are subject to removal in whole or in part from this site if my or their comments contain:
- Comments not related to the topic raised for discussion;• Violent, profane, obscene, or pornographic content and/or language;
- Content that threatens or defames any person or organization;
- Content that incites violence;
- Content that includes or divulges Personal Identifiable Information or Protected Health Information;
- Malicious software or programs that contain or spread viruses;
- Solicitation of commerce, advertising of an event, business, or product for sale;
- Advertising of a service or event hosted by a government or non-profit organization that supports the quality of life of Dallas citizens is not considered a solicitation of commerce or advertising under this section..
- Advertising appearing on official social media accounts as a result of paid advertising to the social media platform, which the City has no control over (e.g. banner ads) is not considered a solicitation of commers or advertising under this section.
- Conduct in violation of any federal, state, or local law;
- Encouragement of any illegal activity;
- Information that may compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Information that directly interferes or compromises ongoing investigations, public safety tactics, or the safety of public safety officers;
- Comments that promote discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic characteristics, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, political opinions, or affiliations;
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest, such as a copyright, of any party.
- I also understand that the views and comments expressed on this site only reflect those of the comment’s author, and do not necessarily reflect the official views of the City of Dallas, its elected and appointed officers and employees or its departments.
- Waiver of Liability - I, for myself, successors and assigns, release and hold harmless and agree to indemnify the City of Dallas, including its officers and employees, from any and all actions, claims, liabilities and damages of whatever kind and nature arising out of or in connection with my use of the City of Dallas Social Media site.