- About Us
- Pool Manager
STARTING PAY RATE: $19.10/hr.
- High school education or G.E.D.
- One years related experience. Lead Guard experience preferred.
- Current C.P.R. and First Aid certifications for the professional rescuer, and City of Dallas Manager of Pool Operations certification or the ability to obtain such by the end date of seasonal employee orientation. If required certifications are not obtained by the end date of seasonal employee orientation, candidates must attend the next available certification course offered by the City of Dallas before reporting to assigned work location.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard certification, Water Safety Instructor certification and Lifeguard Instructor certification preferred.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Aquatics Supervisor.
- Supervises staff including scheduling, training, and performance reviews. Ensures productivity and quality standards.
- Implements rules and policies.
- Monitors and maintains water chemistry by conducting water chemical tests to maintain appropriate water quality and documentation. Ensures compliance with health department standards.
- Ensures highest water quality, sanitary conditions and optimum pool performance. Inspects pool and surrounding area for general maintenance and assigns necessary clean up duties to staff.
- Compiles and submits operating reports which includes daily receipts and attendance and accident and emergency rescue reports.
- Collects, secures and processes pool revenues in accordance with established cash handling procedures.
- Maintains adequate inventory by ordering all necessary supplies and equipment.
- Maintains employee records, payroll, training, discipline and other personnel actions.
- Acts to immediately resolve emergency situations as required.
- Resolves citizen complaints. Directs and assists staff in explaining rules and operating procedures to pool users. Disciplines and suspends from the pool when necessary, swimmers who flagrantly disobey rules.
- Conducts periodic emergency drills.
- Supervises, coordinates and occasionally conducts special events activities within pool area.
- Conducts regular staff meetings.
- Responsible for pool schedule and effective use of facility. Conducts and coordinates activities within pool area and is available for all special events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.