STARTING PAY RATE: $18.36/hr.
- Sixteen years old.
- Current American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certification or the ability to obtain such by the end date of seasonal employee orientation. If required certifications are not obtained by the end date of seasonal employee orientation, candidates must attend the next available certification course offered by the City of Dallas before reporting to assigned work location.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Facility Manager or Lead Lifeguard.
- Instructs participants enrolled in the Learn to Swim program.
- Plans lessons, evaluates individual participant progress, and provides corrective feedback.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports.
- Enforces rules.
- Responds to emergency situations in an effective manner.
- Communicates with the general public regarding lessons.
- Recruits, trains and assigns class aides and assistants. Insures there is a lifeguard on duty.
- Available for all special events or other functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
* Water Safety Instructors with an American Red Cross Lifeguarding certification qualify for a Lifeguard/WSI position starting at $18.73 per hour.